Friday, December 30, 2016

Two Thousand Seventeen Minus One Day

Oh these little moments that I pretend to capture on purpose.  Some secret, hidden part of  my mind is fully aware of what is happening, but it doesn't tell me.  It's just like, "no, he'll see it later."  Then when I do see it later I hate my mind for not working in a way that allows me to go into these situations better able to shoot for certain moods and themes.  I do capture some amazing things, but I need to stop saying that I do it by accident, because I don't.  Most a lifetime of studying human beings and shooting them running around naked lead to that mild spark that sets off my shutter finger.  I can focus on what I was supposed to capture, based on other's goals, or choose to see what I got, whether I was conscious of it or not.
Two years ago at this time I was still driving back to my little desert hole from SLO, after shooting the K's, Katja Gee and Keira Grant, fighting sleep in rainy LA traffic.  I miraculously made it home alive, only to find my life flipped upside down five days later on a highway famous for killing people, while heading up my then forsaken mountain to run a film fest that I thought had also banished me.  Less than a month later, I would accidentally find my own K, and a few years would play out like a lifetime of ups and downs, getting me here, both up and down.
Tomorrow I work lunch at my restaurant, then head over to the Brewpub that Ive been brewing beer at for two months to cook in the New Year with a soft opening.  That's, at very least, a 14 hour day for those of you who like math (I'm not complaining, bosses.  I am happy to do this [hopefully I'll be able to run around with my camera whilst working, though, just saying]), then on Sunday we plan to shoot in the snow, which is work; the tentative plan on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday is to brew more beer, because BEER; then the annual film fest starts and runs through the 15th, which means 12 to 14 hour days holed away in a projection booth, fighting sleep and losing my ever loving mind.

I will sleep when I'm dead........... which might happen sometime in the next two weeks.  =)

Bring on 2017.  Things change now.

I should probably be sleeping right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment