Sunday, May 27, 2018

Madness Accrues

 Elephant Gun - Beirut

I don't know why she likes me.


So often I have beautiful things to write about, but it never makes it here.  I've been back in the kitchen at my brewery, because everyone quit.  Why is everyone quitting?  Hmmm.  I hate the stress of a high volume kitchen.  Giving up my few days off a week on top of that stress for an extra $100 a week is not worth it, but I've been doing it.  Why?

No one involved in this machine gives two shits about me, aside from my head brewer, which surprises me because I fuck so much up out of sheer inexperience.  Today was set to be my last day in the kitchen...again.  It ended with me throwing a trash can across the kitchen and leaving mid rush.  That's where I'm at: on the verge of burning this town down.


What am I doing?

3 comments:

  1. When I find myself in a similar situation, I always ask: "What would Joe Pesci do?" As for "fuck[ing] up so much out of sheer inexperience," well, that's your perception and doesn't reflect reality at all. Fuck ups are the building blocks for knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since we started brewing together on October 29, 2016, we've produced 617BBL (19,127 gallons, 2,448,256 ounces, or 174,875 glasses of beer). Not ONE ounce has been lost due to any "mistakes." (OK, there was that time when I took a wrong clamp off and lost a bit--maybe a few gallons.) We've sold and continue to sell everything we make. I'm pretty proud of that and you should be too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am. Thank you. I'm just tired.

    ReplyDelete