Monday, December 31, 2018

The Creative Madness Cycle

 I haven't written a word in this blog since before my daughter was born. It feels like it has been way longer than a couple years, but a couple silent years are pretty significant. Obviously, I've been picking away at lAvaNyamaya, but using this as a kind of behind the scenes blog and that as a life blog, while adding additional professional platforms on FB and IG, was a bit overwhelming.

While I have spent a significant amount of time redoing this website, I am still a little unsure about where I'm going with this. I am still not a photographer, nor a writer, but I continue to search for my voice. All I ever wanted was to create a community of creatives with a common desire, but this site never evolved into that, and let's be honest, my "community" doesn't necessarily understand what I'm doing, but I am learning to articulate my philosophy better, though it still has a ways to evolve.
I have clearly been shooting and writing this whole time, and I imagine that this drive won't be going anywhere anytime soon, and I have some projects in the works, which only require time, money, and willing participants... all things super easy to find... *deadpan face*




Right now I'm just trying to be a good father and husband, while doing my best to brew beer, with a little bit of creativity in there somewhere. I am racking my brain to make the most of this site, though, because this expense in relation to what I'm using it for no longer makes any sense to me, while I religiously use the sites that cost me nothing and get me pats on the head.

It would be futile to attempt to catch anyone up on what's happened in the last two years; a lot has happened; there were children born, and a wedding, and our home almost burning down, et bloody cetera; but what has changed the most, which might be hard to wrap your head around reading this blog post, is my attitude... maybe.

What hasn't changed is our family vacations somehow including my creative madness. This was a Christmas trip to AZ this week. These beautiful women in my life sure deal with a lot of crap, but I'll be damned if I'm not going to keep shooting them.
Just let me evolve.

No comments:

Post a Comment