Thursday, September 15, 2016

Waiting

 I suppose my farewell post a week and a half ago was a bit premature.  She still isn't due until Monday.  We are just a wee bit anxious to get this over with.  While strictly monitoring every little movement, and barely sleeping because she is doing so, she has since had two doctors appointments in San Diego, we had a beautiful little birthday dinner a la Michael Newberry and a small group of beautiful people last Friday, my mother has visited, her parents have visited, she's had a birthday, Sunday I went to a job interview type thing (I don't even know what to call it) for a position that would completely change the course of my life, as you may be able to tell from the look on my face that my girl captured shortly after,
 and the rest of the time has been spent feeling her belly and waiting...well...and working every day.  Summer is definitely over, which is never more evident than in my work hours.  I'm on day four of six this week, and am at 19 hours.  That's a little depressing, but I suppose all of that will be changing soon.  Che bella fortuna.

In the meantime, we are just waiting for this beautiful little soul to arrive.  She hasn't had much energy to shoot, but you know me.  Today cuddle bug stayed with her dad, so we went out to shoot at a location I meant to scout this last week for a shoot that isn't going to happen, which is a shame, but it is what it is.  I, naturally, passed the spot I've been to before, because I haven't been there in five years, so we were stuck on bumpy control roads for a while until we could find a spot to turn around.
 Bumpy roads and a girl who is monitoring every little cramp and wondering if it's a contraction don't go together well.  By the time I found a spot to turn around (I NEED A JEEP), and we got back to about where I think the spot was but is completely different because things change, both of us were ready to just go home.  We are creative monsters, though (at least I am), so we shot anyway.  I, in all my idiocracy, decided to shoot with a lens that was given to me a while back, an FD 135mm/2.8.  Sounds like a dream, and the shots in camera looked good, but the always mentioned fog was very noticeable once I got it into my computer.
The depth of field was very nice, but I can't be happy with a photo that doesn't have sharp focus, and I can't afford those professional lenses, so I'll just keep smiling and shooting with my more trusted, newer lenses, that are also fogged because I tend to shoot into the sun a lot, noticeable in the above photo with the triple rainbow flare (never seen that one before).  I have never been disappointed shooting into the sun.  I have no idea why so many people avoid it.  Lens hoods be damned!  Give me flare or give me death!  When I figure out how to accomplish that without fogging the lens, I'll let you know.

So....... just waiting for this baby to come.

I guess I'll go back to binge reading books on how to brew beer.

Bet ya didn't see that one coming.

Neither did I.

=)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Im sure your little angel will be here soon. Kind of funny I am normally reading your posts while I am up early pumping for my little bundle of joy. Your pictures are amazing.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have found you from Tumblr nice to chat and read, keep in touch, bye David

    ReplyDelete