Thursday, October 5, 2017

Zzyzx (slight return)

 Ok, we'll call this a teaser, since it's a little out of focus in some important parts, like the people I'm actually shooting.  I really can't tell you why I had the depth of field dialed all the way to 1.2 in such a small and texturally unique place, other than the fact that I can go to 1.2.  I tend to do that a lot.  I am not used to working with two people, which obviously requires more dof.  I should've known better.  I did get plenty of amazing shots, but I skipped ahead to these because we were excited about them, and I haven't the energy to go through them all tonight.
We decided to head out a day early and car camp, and by "we decided" I of course mean that I was told we were heading out a day early to car camp, and by car camp I of course mean back to our roots...throwing a mattress in the back of Cricket, her Subaru mom wagon.  Vik had agreed to meet us in this unique little corner of the desert on her way to LA, so "we" made a little adventure out of it, and we had an amazing little time.  The closest campground to Zzyzx was Afton Canyon, and, on a crisp October night in the Mojave, under a 98% illuminated moon, we had it all to ourselves, which was amazing.  We were up to watch the sunrise, and shot on a unique little bridge on our way out...like you do.  There is obviously way more to come, but I just wanted to put something up because we had such a great time today.


Now... we sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment