Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Living Branches On a Dead Tree

 A great metaphor for this little town, and a beautiful anomaly.  I don't know the nature of plants or trees well enough to understand how a manzanita could appear to be completely dead, but still have living branches that bloom.  This is my backyard; literally; there's a fence and everything. 


Today was eventful.  I sat in my car for a couple hours waiting for a grain delivery that never showed, and decided to contact some beautiful souls that I was interested in working with.  One was very interested, and would surface later; the other started to talk, then disappeared; on a day when a third was set to shoot, but ended up with the flu.  All of which baffles me a bit, but my immediate creative future seems somewhat promising, in this backward little mountain town.

 After decades of shooting, I finally captured a bee, in flight, in focus... servicing a living branch of a dead tree.



 Our mighty Chairman Maow has been reduced to a "lion cut," due to his inability to groom himself.  That was yesterday, but he finally came out from underneath the couch and faced the world, and also to eat some grass.  He is apparently an herbivore now.
 We played with some product placement and dof at home, with a beautiful little thing she noticed, but you have to actually read the can, and I understand that things like that require far more focus than the average mind is capable of.
Then we headed into enemy territory to hear Gemini sing, with Juls, for the last time before she ditches out again, sharing dinner with the first mentioned girl I was interested in shooting, and, ironically, ended up ten feet away from the second girl who was interested in shooting, I'm assuming, what I shoot.


Small towns, though.  I'm not really even sure if any of that made sense, but whateva.

I'll get to the apostrophe shorty.

No comments:

Post a Comment