Tuesday, May 7, 2019

This Bloom

 "God laid down this law, saying: if you want some good, get it from yourself." ~ Epictetus

It is so easy to forget that we shape our lives with attitude; not in what happens to us, but how we choose to respond and what we do.


It is so easy to get caught up in the jumble of things not being good enough, or not how you wish they were. At the end of the day, we are all human, wrapped up in the swirl of emotions and overthinking. Something about standing in the unforgivably sharp desert in bloom forces one to step back from all the stupid shit and take a deep breath. Usually, the more you try to stay on track with attitude, the more you slip into it because you're focused on it. You can only laugh things off so many times before the smile fades and the middle fingers come out.











It takes a lot of effort in this world to just keep laughing. Don't sweat the stupid shit, and it's all stupid shit. I will always say that human's greatest fault is taking itself too seriously. We are all just trying to figure things out, and doing the best we can. We should all also be laughing about the stupid shit that we allow to bother us. I, personally, need to stop talking about all the things I can't afford, because all I really need to be able to afford is being the best person I can, and smiling about how absurd this has all become. I am truly blessed to have found so many souls willing to participate in my adventure. I need to remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment