Friday, May 24, 2019

Scanning and ripping

 


My boss gifted me what could only be described as the quintessential classical music collection on 100s of CDs that were sitting in a box in his garage from a previous life. I have felt perpetually behind this year, and this just made it more jumbled. I spent weeks going through disc after disc in my car, searching for stuff not worth keeping, but didn't find much. I have really only tossed about 10, and those were either obnoxiously "modern" or painfully Baroque;





if you've spent any time with this music, you know exactly what I'm talking about: either so shrill and tinny that you want to dig your eardrums out with an ice pick, or random chaotic notes that make you want to not turn on a curvy road. I had to buy an additional hard drive to fit all this music, which I could never imagine having the time or finances to amass, and ripped over one hundred before I realized that my iTunes was not at optimal import settings, so I had to start over.
Now I'm scanning negatives and ripping CDs like a madman. My eyes are seriously crossing over here. I'm also seriously starting to stress a shoot we're supposed to have on Sunday. All of this is supposed to be fun, isn't it? I'm breathing, and we're doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment