Friday, April 5, 2019

Ascension

I absolutely love how differently film captures people. There is a slight attraction to the surrender to chance; just crunching all the numbers in your head and crossing your fingers in a lot of cases; between using new films and potential (to the point of very likely) equipment failure, it is almost more luck than not, and I've been pretty lucky. More than the technical differences between digital and film, which is significant, something about film seems to penetrate deeper into the individual. I want to say that it captures more of the soul, but I don't throw concepts like that around lightly, and I will never be so arrogant as to put such importance on myself. It really isn't that difficult to take a photograph, but it is near impossible to take a good one, especially when you are basically shooting blind. I am learning to be content with 'good enough', because it will always simply be what it is, with what we've got, and who we are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment