Monday, June 4, 2018

The Actual Hall of Horrors

"Death smiles at us all; all we can do is smile back."

~ Marcus Aurelius


I mentioned the fact that I didn't find what I was looking for when I scouted this location; truth is I did see what looked like a sizable fissure up in one of the stacks of rocks, but didn't have the energy to climb up and check it out, in Joshua Tree June heat carrying a 1.5 year old.  I checked it out in the wee hours of the morning with Sienna today, and it was, in fact, what I was looking for.  I almost called this location because I didn't want to shoot another pile of rocks, but I trusted my gut and stressed my decision all day yesterday.  We got some great stuff, and the lens issue wasn't that big of an issue... aaand my beautiful little family basically had Indian Cove all to ourselves whilst camping the night before.  We've got a lot of wins here.

No comments:

Post a Comment