Friday, August 31, 2018

κάλλος

So often in my life I have found myself under attack because my philosophy accidentally contradicts my work. My reality has never coincided with my wants or beliefs, id est, I believe that being human makes us beautiful, and it is our faults that make us human, but reality keeps anyone who has any features that don’t fit into our temporal aesthetic ideal from having any willingness to model, so I have to settle for those who have the confidence to pursue modeling, specifically fine art modeling, or those who are close enough to the unrealistic ideal to be comfortable allowing me to shoot them, which is often like pulling teeth, because EVERYONE has issues, mostly absurd, and I am often baffled why people can’t just be who they are. Chalk it off as ignorance on my part, but I do my best to live it. I’m just me: good at some things, great at a few, and horrible at most, especially when it comes to social interaction, by the standards that were set in place by the same society that instituted this destructive aesthetic ideal… so am I wrong, or are these unrealistic ideals absurd?…because I’m just me. 

 We are all born beautiful, and are conditioned to waste most of our lives trying to be or achieve something external that we are told is beautiful, but are, in reality, losing grasp of the very beauty that we were born with.

Beauty is not something you become, but something you are. Attitude is more important than attribute; attribute changes with nature, but when attitude remains, beauty remains. True, genuine beauty is standing naturally naked in front of the world, with the confident attitude that says, “this is what my body looks like. If you don’t like it, stop looking at it.” It doesn’t matter what you look like, and it doesn’t matter what you’re wearing or what social armor you’re hiding behind. All that matters is who you are.  It is also not about seeing anyone naked, or anyone seeing you naked; it is about being natural and naked and human, not needing to hide the things that make you human, because those things make you beautiful, and are a roadmap to your soul.  With that attitude and confidence, you can achieve the most beautiful aspect of this fleeting human experience: aging gracefully.

Things are changing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment